For the first time in awhile, I can say I’m attending….
Today, I’m gonna be sharing the recipes I tried over the past weekend and some new weightlifting moves I’ve been loving!
…..Sorry about the lack of green….I had lots of pumpkin and rutabaga…does that count?
1. Shannon’s protein cookies! I used peanut flour instead of the whole grain and added in chunks of walnuts! Mine weren’t as pretty as her’s, but they still were like pillows of palate pleasing happiness
2. Powercake–I rolled with almond flour in this bad boy instead of oats. Kasey is a genius, this is SO good!! FYI the black dots are from the cookies and cream protein powder I used in it haha It’s not ants
3. Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies–I made half the recipe and instead of oat flour, I used peanut flour! And since I was using my cookie sheet for fries, I had to use a muffin tin. Okay so umm I’m addicted to them. They came out FAN freakin TASTIC and have a buttload of protein for a cookie!!! MAKE THEM!!!!!
4. No bake protein bars–instead of oats, I filled mine with extra mixed nuts–peanuts, walnuts, pecans, and cashews. And I used almond milk instead of skim milk. Mine got kinda sticky and never really set well, so I’ve been mashin it up in cottage cheese for a snack
5. Rutabaga Fries– after seeing how Chelsea made a batch the other day, I just had to get my hands on one. I’d never had rutabaga before! After peeling the skin off, I roasted up some fries and seasoned them. The flavor was semi sweet to begin with and then it got kinda bitter. Still on the fence about it haha
Good news? I have a TON of leftovers to nosh on all week mwahha
6. Pumpkin Powercake roll–subbed peanut flour for the oat flour and filled it with peanut butter and cottage cheese! Made QUITE the tasty breakfast paired with chai tea
Now you may be wondering, why is she subbing peanut flour or almond flour for all the oats!?
Well friends, oats have been jackin up my tummy again. If you’re a newer reader, I had some HARDCORE tummy woes with oats last year and my doctor informed me it was some kind of intolerance. So I cut them out for a long time, and tried them again for a few months only to be greeted with more issues (cough cough constipation, nausea, and an increased heart rate…tmi indeed)
Soooooo I’ve been focusing more on nut flours. I’m happy to announce my body and plumbing has been quite pleased!
Workout wise, here are five moves I’ve been recently incorporating and LOVING! Click on the links to see vids
- Spider curls
- Tate Press
- Sissy Squats (nothin sissy about them haha)
- Overhead plate hold to fail (talk about feelin the burn!)
- Incline Bench Pull
Hope everyone has a bangin WIAW!
Do you have any food intolerances? Favorite rather unknown workout move? Best recipe you’ve tried lately? (feel free to link up!)