Good morning and Happy Memorial Day everyone!
I hope your day’s filled with family, friends, good food, and appreciation for the men and women who have died on our behalf.
My plans for the day?
1. New weight training split. To change things up, I’m turning my 3 days split into 4 day with upper body on Monday and Thursday, and lower body on Tuesday and Friday, with abs and cardio on Wednesday and *maybe* Saturday.
Since I don’t have class today, I woke up at 5:30 to pump some iron! My fave time to workout!! Here is my new Monday routine~
Bent over Rows
Dumbbell Shoulder Press-3×10-12
Incline Bicep Curl
Rotator cuff Internal Rotation-3×12
I cooled down with some full body stretching and a few yoga moves, like child’s pose and sun salute. Whew, it got me energized to start off my day right!
2. Experimenting in the kitchen. Imma be cooking up a storm today to get some food ready for my commuting next week! MMMMMM And I can’t wait to test out some new snack ideas…
3. Chillin with the rents and the g-ma. Later, we’re going out to eat at Red Lobster to celebrate Memorial Day with my grandma. She’s 93, an extremely southern Louisianan, and one heck of a seafood loving war vet. Her husband was a Captain in the Navy and she was a WAC in WW2 (Women’s Army Corps). I wish my grandpa were still alive, I never got to meet him, but my family says our personalities and likes/dislikes are almost identical. So, since I can’t meet him, let’s celebrate what he and my grandma did for our country!
I’m just stoked to go to Red Lobsta!! AHHH that’s my favorite restaurant Their cold pre-dinner salads always get my palate jumpin’
Tomorrow, I’ll post what I ordered–I’m still debating between grilled Trout or Flounder…but I’ll have to see what other fresh fish they’ll have when we go tonight
4. Eat Sunflower Seed Butter like it’s my job. They need to make a warning label on the jar–”Warning: Product has the tendency to be consumed in larger than life quantities at one sitting.” I’m OBSESSED with it. GAAAHHH
Don’t get me wrong, PB is still probably my favorite, BUT SSB is rising in the ranks very rapidly.
As a little kid, Sunflower Seeds were the only nut I ate…so much that I developed an extreme, rash-producing allergy to them….thank God I grew out of that because my addiction is back in full swing haha
5. Pray. I want to pray for Joplin’s families stricken with grief. I want to pray for the troops still fighting to protect America’s civilians. I want to pray for the flood victims by the Mississippi River. I want to pray for the hungry children all around the world–they don’t deserve to be starving while some gluttons waste huge amounts of food. I want to pray for the churches and missionaries sacrificing their lives to spread the Gospel. I want to pray for anyone struggling in ED recovery.
But mostly, I want to pray for all of you—that y’all have a blessed, amazing day with your family and friends enjoying every second of this beautiful life we’ve been given!!
Have a great one!
How are you celebrating this day? Are you celebrating with any veterans? What’s your favorite time of day to workout?